It’s Tag Thursday time! (Just look at all that alliteration, huh?) Tag Thursday completely isn’t a thing on the Internet but I have decided to try to post any tags I want to do on Thursdays because… well because it begins with a T too. Is that sufficient explanation? I think so, let’s get down to business…
This week I bring you The Ultimate Book Tag. I saw this recently over on Thrice Read and it seems like fun so I thought I’d give it a go myself.
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
Absolutely, yes. Although, the only car I’ve ever tested it out in was driven by my dad and I have a sneaking suspicion my dad’s driving style just makes me feel sick since I’ve never felt generally car sick whilst riding in anyone else’s car but his. Sorry, padre. Curiously enough though, I’m fine reading on trains now, I think I just forced myself past nausea because I wanted to read.
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
I struggle with this question because most authors have their own distinct voice. However, I would say Neil Gaiman and/or Maggie Stiefvater. Both have very compelling and magical writing styles, completely unlike anything I’ve read before, and I would say they’re very distinct so that they just do not work for some people whilst others love them.
3. Harry Potter series or the Twilight saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Harry Potter. 3 points to defend my answer? Ok…
- It’s a freaking wizard school in Scotland that teaches a generation of wizards that co-exist alongside us muggles. (That completely beats sparkly vampires. Sorry Edward)
- Remus Lupin (HP‘s portrayal of werewolves shits all over Twilight‘s. Sorry Jacob.)
- Hermione Granger (I’m not even going to bother comparing her to something/someone in Twilight because I mean, come on.)
I don’t even hate Twilight, I really enjoyed the first book when I read it and I will defend anyone who wants to read it to get into reading. But also I still feel traumatised by the knowledge that Edward fucked Bella so hard she hit her head and blacked out and then she had his little half-human/half-vampire baby and he got it out of her womb by biting the amniotic sac. It’s been years since I read it and I still remember it vividly… it haunts my nightmares…